Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lil Tastings Bon Bons

Lil Tastings Bon Bons (Almost Level 1)

Well, I got a feeling for something different so I experimented and WOWZA~

I took a piece of cheesecake out of the fridge, used a melon baller (a cookie scoop would work better) and made round balls of cheesecake. I dropped these on to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and popped into the freezer for an hour. After an hour, I took them out of the freezer one at a time and covered with tempered chocolate - I guess you could call them cheesecake bon bons - and returned them to the freezer.

Take them out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving and - well words cannot describe.

This came out so yummilicious, I tried the same thing with a piece of Upside Down Chocolate Cream pie I had in the fridge. Same process, and I must say exceptionally great tasting results. The chocolate covered chocolate mousse was fantabuloso.

I imagine this would work well with any flavor dense mousse.

This just may be my New Years dessert platter - lil tastings.
_________________
Foxye

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.