Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy and Elegant Berry Marscapone Dessert (Almost Level 1)

I wanted something special this weekend, but didn't feel like baking - or shopping! So I went through my fridge and came up with this -

Easy and Elegant Berry Marscapone Dessert (Almost Level 1)

1 8 oz tub marscapone cheese
3 tablespoons sugar substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
fresh berries, I used strawberries, blackberries and blueberries
Brown sugar substitute to taste

Cut the strawberries in quarters (or halves if small). Toss all the berries in a bowl with brown sugar substitute for sweetening to taste. (I used Whey Low Gold). Let sit in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour. (You can use regular sugar substitute).

In a separate bowl mix the marscapone, 3 tablespoons sugar substitute and vanilla. I used my hand mixer and mixed it until it was stiff.

Let the marscapone chill in the fridge.

Get out 4 pretty sherbert or custard cups. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1 scoop of the marscapone mixture into each cup. Cover with sweetened berries and their juices. Top with sweetened whipped cream.

This was way too easy, tasted amazing and looked beautiful!
_________________
Foxye
Started Somersizing 01/03
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.